A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The mess will be worth it

Patching nail holes, filling in cracks, sanding,
more patching, painting, triming etc etc...

That's what this guy has been doing ALL weekend.
I'm not a painter... I really would be ok if I never painted in my lifetime.
Good thing Rick is "all over it". It's quite a task to paint the
whole upstairs, hall and entry way, but he's doing it all ...never asks for helps.
I'm so lucky I got him :)
Two coats done on the Accent wall
The mess is a little overwhelming, but I try not to look at it and remember that it'll soon be back in order, and looking better than before we started.
The rest of the walls are trimmed and ready for the roller.

As for me... I've been Cleaning, organizing and making runs to Goodwill. Every now and then peeking out to see how Ricks' coming along, and making sure to point out a "Spot" he missed, then back to my tasks.

  • Counter top is ordered
  • Carpet is picked, just have to give Home Depot the go ahead to order
  • Still looking at sinks and faucets
  • Lighting will come later.

5 comments:

  1. What a mess. Will enjoy the end look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know someone is checking my spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!! can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete