A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yum Yum

The first time I had a tortilla rollup was a summer evening around the campfire...with the dietzman's.

My Friend Cheri shared the recipe with me and I have made them on several occasions.

Yesterday I whipped some up for a Christmas party rick & I atttended. I guess others shared my enthusiasm, cuz only a few were left on the plate at the end of the night.


Ingredients

It was Cheri's daughter Cara who first showed me what to do with these
long stemmed green things (green onions)
I really never knew what people did with these. Thanks Cara


Putting it all together


Cuttin' off the ends


but not wasting them...
they're still yummy to the one who's making them.

After tightly rolling them up, you now roll them up in a damp paper towel
and place them in a baggie, which you then put in the fridge.
Preferably overnight, but a few hours works too.

Finished product,
with a side of salsa for dipping.
ENJOY ! ! !
*
8 large flour tortilla's
8 oz. Cream cheese
1 envelope of dry ranch dressing
Bunch of green onions (5-6)
2c. finely shredded cheddar cheese.
2 small cans green chilles
small can chopped black olives
Mix together ranch and cream cheese, spread on tortilla.
sprinkle with onion, olives and chiles, sprinkle on cheese.
Roll tightly,wrap in moist paper towel: refrigerate.

6 comments:

  1. hOW DO YOU MAKE 2 CUPS OF FINELY SHREADED CREAM CHEES? aRE YOU SURE IT ISN'T CHEDDER OR SOME OTHER KIND? Just checking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fixed it, thanks mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum, I want one really bad now. I remember helping to make those with Cheri and Cara at their old house. Also, I recently learned that green onions are called scallions. Cara/Cheri taught me how to cut them too! Man, the things we've learned from the Dietman's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look perfect! Brianna...you have helped make MANY things in the kitchen with us!

    They are on my list to make for Christmas Eve. They are "expected" here now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm....I have never had them with the ranch in them. I'll try that next time. i LOVE those little delights. deeeeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE tortilla roll ups! Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete