A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This old table

Take it to goodwill ?

Paint it ?

Sell it ?...

I need your thoughts....opinions


~~~
About 22 yrs ago I bought this little table at an antique store in Kasson MN...
At the time I loved it....
It fit my "decor"...
But now it doesn't....


I'm almost to the point where I cant stand to look at it.
What do you call this style anyway?...
Queen anne ?...
Victorian ?


all I know is it's not my style anymore! I wonder what I can do to
"change-it-up"



It's been a good table, it has a SOLID marble top that's removable. It has a nice large drawer and it's a great place to display things such as pictures, magazines etc.

My thoughts are to paint the wood and change the hardware (handles).
I'm not sure if that'll make me like it...or not


but I want to like it... It's been a good little table.
I'm very open to suggestions...what do you think my friends

Leave me some comments and I'll let you know what I decide.

8 comments:

  1. Definitely paint it! Change the hardware. Add some different accessories to display on top and you'll love it again. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I dunno what to say, You could try painting and such and then if you still don't like it, you can send it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint it. Black.
    Change the hardware to something fun.
    And, like Cindy said...put something new on top.

    The worse case scenario....you hate it, then give to Goodwill.
    Or me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Cheri...really?
    Like solid dark black? Do I use semi-gloss or glossy or flat or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd use a flat or satin. Be sure to put a coat of primer on first...maybe even a tinted primer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. black will make the marble top "pop"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What color is your new furniture? Would black work with that? I like that idea if you can. If not, maybe red or a deep burgundy color. You could maybe antique it with a few black brush strokes . Food (or paint) for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete