A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The new west wall

About 3 weeks ago Rick and I ordered new furniture for our newly refurbished living room. We really have only had 2 chairs in that room. The big west wall housed 2 LARGE speakers and a gigantic shelving unit for our stereo that Rick made in the 80's. It was cool for about 20 years but I felt it really had to go so we could give the living room a new look, complete with actual seating

OUR NEW WEST WALL
New couch, chair, coffee table, lamp and wall art on the Left wall
I'm quite happy with the new look! I've never ever had a coffee table so that's an added bonus
~

Today, I bought the paint for redoing this side table, Still have to buy the new hardware. I'll be sure to post the finished product when I'm done.


View from the kitchen...I'm kinda liking it :)
~
View from way back by the stairs.
So my next question.... I need help from you guys again.
*** What should I do above the couch???***
  • Should I leave it...
  • Put up a big print (oil painting) that I found at Kirklands? I already have a big print above the piano...would that be too much to have two large pictures in the living room?
  • Do some sort of shelf/whatever else?
  • I've always wanted a bookshelf, should I pull the couch forward and have Rick build one across the back wall or maybe just get a smaller book shelf to fit on the left side of the couch ( in the corner).

I just dont know.... any bright Idea out there? Dont be shy. How about some of you that never comment, ... now's your chance (and I know there are a lot of you)...dont be shy.

I love comments.

10 comments:

  1. Love the view from the kitchen! I dunno what you should do, I am not good at these things! All I know is I love it! I love the coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, seriously, the print above the piano would be perfect above the sofa (if you still like it). Then do some family photos and small shelf units above the piano. This would be a good balance. The larger print above the sofa and smaller pieces above the piano! This is my suggestion! Love the new pieces! Go for it! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I would move the smaller end table once it's re-done to between the sofa and chair. That way anyone who sits in either seat has a place to put their beverage. Just another suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cindy on both her comments.
    The furniture looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think i agree with mom too. i think a print would be better above the sofa and some smaller shelves or whatever above the piano. i like that idea best! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. also...have you thought about moving the sofa to the middle of the room facing the window...to make a cozy seating area...so when you have a group in the room, you aren't shouting across the room to talk? Typically furniture shouldn't line the walls of a room if you can help it....and you have a nice large room to work with!

    Call if you want help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for all your thoughts. Cheri I will definatley have you down to help me see some other ways of moving my furniture around. I'm having a hard time again seeing "outside the box'.
    Cindy I like your idea it's one I've also thought about, I'm just trying to decide if I want a differnt painting all together for above the couch. I've been eyeballing a beautiful one at Kirklands...it's just a bit spendy so I've been dragging my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:18 PM

    I think you should put up a great big picture of Grant Richard Erickson.

    Anonymous Nephew with help from his father.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absoultly love it and agree with the comments from my mama and cindy!!! I can't wait to see it for real...SOME DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Grant I was thinking of blowing up your school picture but they stopped me because of the copyright law. :)
    Thanks for the comment Grant, love hearing from you (and Your dad)

    ReplyDelete