A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Liver & onions

Saturday Rick and I along with my dad & mom, traveled to the cities. We went to watch my niece & nephew play Basketball then hung out at my sister's house for a while after the games.
Later on we went over to Brice & Jenny's. My mom & dad hadn't seen their apartment yet so we thought we'd met them there and then go out to dinner.
We went to a new favorite of ours called
KEYS CAFE' & BAKERY
If you have never been to one of these chains you are missing out on some good old home-cooked meals. Food you remember eating at home...
you know, the ones mom made from scratch.

This was my yummy vegetable omelette, oh my goodness it was amazing. Came with a huge portion of Hash browns which I gave to Rick. That's raspberry jam on the toast.

My dad's Liver & onions (one of his favorites). This was one of the meals my mom used to make when we were kids. We had to eat our liver. I douced it with ketchup and plugged my nose while I chewed.

Note the "SIDE" of mashed potato's and gravy.
Little did Brice know that a "SIDE" = a large platter.


The fresh fruit was to die for...absolutely lovely. Note the half a plate full of fruit to go along with his turkey burger.
So are you all hungry now. The twins cities has several of these restraunts, so next time your looking for a yummy place to eat...it's a no-brainer!
Did I mention the homemade desserts...oh I'm not even gonna go there :)

3 comments:

  1. That was a fun day. Brice & Jenny have a cute apparment even tho when you walk in, up a few steps, turn the corner to go down the hall you can get a good whiff of whacky weed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. num nums. I want your omelette and the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite place to have breakfast after a night out on the town for Me, Michelle, & Sherry. We've gone there several times and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete