A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter

You simply cannot deny the beauty of this day....

freshly fallen snow
mild temperatures
no wind
blue skies


This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (psalm 118:24)
we are to rejoice in spring, summer, fall AND winter !!!

Icicles: A tapering spike of ice formed by the freezing of dripping or falling water.
Did I mention Blue skies


I wanted to share a funny little thing that happened
in the elevator, on the way up to work on Monday.
Man in the elevator:
" I dont care if it's Minnesota... I dont care if it's winter"... "I HATE IT"

I just smiled and said , "I kinda like winter, have a nice day", and off I went.

Those of you who dont enjoy this time of year,
I have some advice...
be still
enjoy the quiet
There is no air fresher that that of winter
God's beauty is all around you, It's just another season...it really is amazing!
Without winter there wouldnt be spring,
so look forward to spring, it'll be here before you know it.
SPRING

6 comments:

  1. ha...I actually thought of you today as I trudged through the SNOW that was up to my knees, to get eggs from the coop.....and I thought...."I hope Jackie is liking this....because I'm getting tired of it". Summer is my favorite season -- especially because it has LONG days.
    I'm happy for you --- and do rejoice in the day -- for you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'd have loved to see Grumpy's face when you said that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of water in the gutter and green grass made me really really really glad. I cannot wait! But, I agree, winter is beautiful and the air is fresh and no one appreciates a good spring better than us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It need NOT be 6 months long however!! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could be in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good point Granny. they have more snow than we do. AJ..you make a good point too about Winter, i woudln't mind it if it wasn't so bitter cold all the time. if it could be in the 30s and warmer, i'd definitely rejoice in it...and i do on those days, but any time it's colder than that..forget it. i cannot rejoice unless i'm INSIDE! :) i miss you.

    ReplyDelete