A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bridge closed

A couple times a year I'm drawn to the "Mayowood" area in SW Rochester.
The bridge facinates me, it's just unique and rather beautiful... so I think!

It' sort of sad that the bridge is closed, cuz it's been deemed unsafe to drive on.
and apparently there are no funds to fix it, so......
It continues to disintegrate
and remains closed to traffic.

It doesnt keep me from walking down to the middle to snap a few random pics of the river
*I love the hand built stone retaining wall next to the dam.

Springtime runoff
Love the sound of the rushing water...
maybe you can just imagine the sound, it's lovely
My favorite fence in Rochester....
a hand built stone fence near the Mayo estate !!!!
~~~~
Thanks for visiting my site
and reading my ramblings on one
of my favorite spots in Rochester

6 comments:

  1. i love your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan you're sweet. You're a faithful "commentor" and I appreciate that! Makes blogging fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bridge close up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every spring I make a trip down to the river behind our house and it's always a spiritual experience. I breathe the fresh air, listen to the running water, feel the wind on my face, and feel one with God. It's all good. It illustrates renewal. A new day, a new season, a new outlook on life. Thanks for the motivation Jackie. I haven't made my journey yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why have I never been there?

    ReplyDelete