A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

WOODWORKER: a worker in wood, as a carpenter, joiner, or cabinetmaker.

These hands are the hands of my Dad, he's a woodworker...he does it for a hobby...
...and he does it well !
~~~
I went out to hangout with mom & dad today and got put to work.
Dad needed help putting this together
It took three of us to get these wooden slates in each of their grooved out holes
Dad, you couldn't possibly have done that on your own.
~~~
Below is a picture of what he's been up to.
My cousin will be the new proud owner of this beautiful headboard,
hand made with love by my dad

~~~
*
My dad built his fancy-dancy work shop several years ago
~
equipt with baby food jars ....
full of screws and things
~~~
and on the wall hangs his Muske that he caught in Leech Lake many many year ago.
My dad's big catch
I still remember the morning I woke up as a little kid
and saw that think laying on the utility room floor, ewwwww !
~~~

Dad made me this.... in his shop, just the way I wanted it
~~~
Mom,... Checking to see if her head is level
I'm thinkin'... NOT

7 comments:

  1. LOL, oh Gran....

    Cool blog Mom. It neat to see how talanted Granpa is! For example, he made Audrey's dresser. And your desk is so pretty. That headboard is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would have never got it done without us. We are so great. Thanks for the outing. #1 daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! I love the picture of your Mom! That's gonna come in handy. It's perfect! Your dad is a really talented carpenter and he taught his son (and my husband) really well too. I just wish either one of them had more time to make me some new bedroom furniture. Uugh! I'll never see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get in line girlfriend...ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Gramps is talented...

    Ugh, that Muskie...used to scare the heck out of me. So gross..but i'm glad it still has a home in his shed. I's a nice shed, perfect home for a fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I want a headboard! He reminds me of my grandpa...his workshop is full of everything you could ever possibly need to make something. He's 90 years old and still loves making things for his family, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does beautiful work....family heirlooms to be sure.

    I'm looking forward to when Kirk has time to make all the things on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete