A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Scrumptous little morsels

I can't take credit for this idea, in fact I'm sure alot of you have done this but it had never crossed my mind till I saw what my friend Betsy did with her left over bread/buns.

She actually blogged about it...
and I thought it was a great idea so
I gave it a try....
Home made Croutons

In our nearly "empty nest" state of living our bread always seems to out last the date on the bag, so when that happens I throw what's left in the freezer.
I collect it until I have enough then throw it in the fridge for a few hours to soften it...makes it easier to cut into cubes.

Then according to Betsy....
...you melt a stick of butter and add some spices
a little of this and a little of that
then pour it over the cubed bread and mix it up.

Ya stick it in the oven at 350 for about 1/2 hour
and there you have it...

yummy home-made croutons

4 comments:

  1. Homemade croutons are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! Looks like they turned out very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm.. that looks good! Hope they are delish!

    ReplyDelete