A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Years gone by

I've been in a bit of a blogger slump lately...not sure what up with that !
My imagination and ideas lay dormant!
So today I dug deep...
into that box of scrapbooks and photo albums of years gone by....fun years
from a kid of 12 to a newlywed of 21
The years alot of you didnt know me...before I had adult friends.
When my life was consumed with sports, goofing off with my sister and finally...
that Boy I fell in love with, yes I was 16 when we started dating. 5 yrs later I married him...

"Mr. Do everything"
12th Grade
I had to cut this (Post bulletin) article off for lack of space but the other picture included Rick Throwing the football...that's right, punter, kicker and quarterback "Mr. Do Everything"

This is a blog of no order, so bear with me as I skip around in the years
~
"Jackie Erickson goes up for a kill" I'd have to say I had some decent "air"
I'm guessing I'm a high school senior here.
~
Then it to my sophomore year in college, I felt very proud to be wearing those little "diaper shorts"... that's me #10 the one with no butt. Notice the amazing mullet.
~
"Punt-Kick-Pass" contest in Rochester 1973.
Only one girl participated.
Notice the girl in the middle with the BRA showing through the shirt...
"BRA-VO", women's lib is here to stay".
Thank goodness my name wasnt mentioned in this article, I was 13 and still wanting to be a boy and mad that I even had to wear a bra and then they go and publish an article like this. Needless to say... I was mortified that my friends would identify that girl as Me, Jackie Erickson.

HONEYMOON
I did have bikini body once in my life.... just thought I'd throw this one in...for fun! (age 21)

I think I'm twelve here...again, the only girl playing baseball in Rochester in the year 1972.
I played first base on this all boy team, and I felt really really cool in this uniform
*Notice the big ball ponytail holders and the awsome tennis shoes.
~
High School Varsity, Junior year. That's me battling for the ball.
I did not like to be beat so I have a feeling that ball belonged to me.


1973 I'm 13
Me and my little sis Jodi. We are almost 7 yrs apart.

On the day we got married the weather was horrible, an icy blizzard crept in during the night, and it didnt quit till early afternoon on my wedding day, so needless to say there were no outdoor pictures for our wedding. So before I took my dress in to be cleaned and sealed, mom had me get back into my dress and she took a picture of me in the back yard.
I was happy to have one outdoor picture...thanks mom.


College Volleyball.... RCC
All-Region Hitter/Setter


Wind-blown look on the deck of our ship,
out on the Carribean sea *Honeymoon 1982

I remember this day like yeaterday,
Me and my sis being goofy in my Aunt Donna's basement. I really loved that shirt I was wearing.
~
So there's just a glimpse of the "jackie" you didnt know, well...maybe some of you did. Thanks for putting up with my randomness. It was fun for me to dig back in time and remember goodtimes from years gone by.

5 comments:

  1. Great blog it was fun to go down memory lane. A lot of fun times. I also once had a bikini shape. Oh my where did it go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked seeing those pictures of you. It makes me realized how much i didn't know about you! I guess i didn't know you played basketball, or that you were the only girl playing on an all boys baseball team. It was fun to see you as a young girl. i've only ever know my adult aunt Jackie..well, that i can remember. That was really fun to see. Thanks for sharing. i with my parents would dig back to that stuff and share it with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the pics to dig back to Meggie Lou or I would! Sorry! Love the blog Jackie! Especially the 80's windswept hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mr. Rick were quite famous!!! I can't believe how much Gavin looks like you!!!! I'm sure he'll love hearing that :)

    ReplyDelete