A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter dessert

With Easter being just a few days away, I thought I'd share with you a fun little cake that I made last year to sit on the dessert table.

It's one of those cakes you can easily make just by looking at the photo...

Buy a Chocolate cake mix and bake it up like it says on the box
for a double-layer round cake.
Frost it with your chocolate frosting of choice....
Fill the center with chocolate chips, then
Outline the edge with mashmallow "peeps"

ENJOY

5 comments:

  1. I remember that! Coolio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do if Peeps are your least favorite Easter candy? Could I use the Robin's eggs malted chocolate candies instead? Maybe not the same effect huh? WEll for those who love them-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of a few people who made that cake this year. Taste of Home idea? It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, just take the "peep" off and give it to someone who likes it :)

    Cheri, not sure where the idea came from...A friend of mine at work shared it with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"LL TAKE IT MOM!!!!!

    mmmm, i can't wait to stuff myself full of peeps. i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete