A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Colors of spring

I was out and about today for a bit with my friend Valerie, we were admiring the beautiful trees around the NW neighborhood. The pictures just really cant do it justice



I've been facsinated this spring with the beautiful foliage and how amazing the yards are already looking. Everything seemed to be more colorful, more vivid, more full and just more lovely than any spring I can remember. I'm sure it's the weather, it's just been warmer earlier and we didnt get that snow after the plants had already started blooming, like we do most years.


Ya had to be there.... so pretty

So many colors, and the smell...oh the smell, yummy

~~~
I have never had columbine this large before...this is my shade garden out back and I have a beautifully large crop this year



Here's my Jack in a pulpit and my lily of the valley
nearly ready to bloom.

and did I mention that I love my backyard...
the pine trees give us a nice border in the back and
the grass came back so healthy and plush

5 comments:

  1. So pretty :) I love your backyard too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your yard too..the backyard is so nice for playing in! Such pretty flowers. I love the pride you take in your yard. it makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a jack in the pulpit you gave me. I moved it to this house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BeeeeeaUtiful trees Jackie! I love it!! Soooo much nicer than snow!

    ReplyDelete