A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Bring it on...


No... I wasnt playing in the dirt
well,... sort of
~~~
Saturday afternoon I decided to venture out to Shopko. Tthings were going really well until I came back out to the van after shopping...


At the same time that I noticed it... a lady getting out of her car said to me, " did you know you have a flat tire?"

~

So it's about 90 degree, Humid! , I'm on asphalt and I cant get ahold of my dear husband.
I still have a ton of things to do, (like make 10 pounds of potato salad) so I have two choices

*1 Go back in the store and hope that I will eventually get ahold of rick

*2 Suck it up and change the darn tire myself

~~~

I had learned to change tires in middle school...(just a few years ago) so I was hoping my brain could recollect how it's done.

My biggest concern initially was, where is the spare tire and if I have a jack, where is it?



I found the spare tire underneath this mat, between the front and back seats.
~~~
Now the jack...

Could it be behind this net thingy in the back of the van?
Looks like some kind of a cubby hole.



I pull off the net and cover and there it is, at least I think that's a jack.
~
I went to it and had it changed in 15 minutes, start to finish.
No knights in shining armor walked by to help
only two elderly ladies with a walker
They stopped when they saw me sitting on the ground and here's what they said,
"is that a lady down there?, I really wish I had a camera"
I said back, "yeah I wish I had a camera too"
But I had to wait till I got home to take the picture of my dirty hands and pose in front of the spare that I put on.
It's not something I'd want to do everyday, but I'm glad I did.
I felt quite proud of myself :)

5 comments:

  1. You go gurl!

    Before I got my driver's license my dad made me change two tires all by my big self --- and I did. I don't know if I could do it today or not. I don't care if I ever find out either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice Mom, I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a woman. Who needs a man anyway. They are never there when needed. Some times there nice to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing talents Jackie! Problem solving techniques run big in your family. Hee Hee! WAy to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Work AJ! It always feels good to change a tire! Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete