A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Arthur" got in my big toe.


I feel like I could be the "spokes woman" for a shoe called,
Skechers, shape-ups.
Not for the reason they are marketed for...
to shape your calves and help you lose weight
but, for a
"ME-SPECIFIC" reason!
These shoes are my ticket to walking without pain !
My big toe on the left foot has arthritis in the 1st joint along with a big spur which keeps my toe from bending up, when I walk (specifically when I push off like when your walking up an incline)
~
I saw these shoes about a year ago and thought to myself, "these might just work".
The shoe is constructed so that it rocks you forward as you step which was exactly what I needed since my toe wont bend up when I walk.
The shoe basically rocks my foot forward & upward so my toe doesnt have to bend (because it can't bend).
~
The result.... no more extreme pain in my big-toe joint when I try and go on a "power walk".
I will still probably need surgery at some point (so I'm told)
The Dr. said just let him know when I cant take the pain anymore. I just laugh at that statement, remember, I'm the girl who completely snapped my hamstring off the bone and didnt go to the doctor for 3 months....then had surgery to repair it. So I really shouldnt be given the option of, waiting until "I cant take the pain anymore".... hummmm, wonder when that'll be???


So for now.... I will wear "shape-ups" to "firm my calves & help me Lose weight" :)
but more importantly....
to help reduce the pain of an arthritic spur-ridden toe

I really think I should be the spokeswoman for the
American Arthritis Association & Shape-ups
~~~
I bet they dont even know their shoe was developed for that purpose too :)

4 comments:

  1. pae invaides all parts of the bod. He is in my thumb joints. He is an old poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of my comment didn't print for some reason, so I leave you in suspence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I'm glad they help you. Perhaps you should write in to the shoe company and let them know all the greatness of their shoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad recently got the guy's version of these shoes and he said they helped his back a lot while walking:) Lots of benefits!

    ReplyDelete