A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's therapy for me

We didn't have one of these when we were growing up at home.
About the time us three older kids left the nest, dad purchased one
~~~
Mom & Dad have a large lot (about 3/4 acre),
and yes when we were kids we took turns mowing the yard....
~~
...with a mower like this one.
It's a Good old fashion "PUSH MOWER"
the one that doesnt have the drive train on it, the only way it moves is by you pushing it.
This big ole yard seemed enormous when we we young.
and really...it still does
It was so big that we used it as the "neighborhood football field"
That flower bed in the middle wasnt there at that time.

The front yard is really the only small part about it.

Friday, while dad trimmed with the hand-held trimmer, I mowed with...
...the "push mower", yep every bit of it, just like the old days when I was a kid.
It took me two hours (it takes a lot of time to trim around all the trees, fences swing set, shop etc.) but I loved every minute of it

...it's therapy to me.

5 comments:

  1. I love mowing too! This summer I actually mowed both sides of our front yard with the push mower.
    It takes us two plus hours to mow ours with the rider! I, however, prefer to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think I mowed faster pushing the mower than the rider does....there's just so much stopping and backing up and dad only lets me go SO FAST... I was really bookin', my hips kinda hurt the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good JK.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all you do Jackie! Great workout too! Guess it'll be my turn next? I'll use the rider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you got some therapeutic activity in. woop woop! moving gramp's yard is a win win situation. you love it, and he's happy his lawn is short.

    ReplyDelete