A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter photo shoot at Oxbow zoo

Lots of fun stuff to do outdoors in the winter...

Every winter usually on one of the coldest days...
I grab my camera and head over to Oxbow Zoo to visit my friends
*
Mr. Pony

Mr. Donkey my favorite

The birdies


The goats "hey is she coming this way"
I love the sounds I hear when the" barn yard" sees me coming,
the goats start bleating, the donkey hee-haws and the pony neighs.

"Please may I have a bite of your new Christmas mitten"?

Mr. & Mrs. Bald Eagle

Yellow eyes.... no kidding these eyes are UNedited

Mr. Barred Owl

Mr. Cougar

It's a quiet tranquil place in the winter...no other soul is usually out there but me.
That's the way I like it... I can talk to the animals, make animal sounds, and I don't have to compete for the donkeys attention.

4 comments:

  1. i love the pic of the donkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanta go to 9oxbow and see the animals. They are so cute and fuzzy with their winter coats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures, they're so clear and crisp. It seems to tranquil there in the winter, good pics mom. I like the one of the donkey biting you mitten

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you love the donkey! sounds like a really nice afternoon for you. I like doing things like that...just going out to be alone with nature. i bet the animals were so happy to see you. I would have been! :D

    ReplyDelete