A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The park with an "old school" touch

Recently I visited this park.
I also re-visted a memory of a time when I was a young girl

It's a park in West Concord MN, we went there for
 my mom's THOMAS family reunion every summer.


I love that this park & and the original rides are is still there
  
I remember when this little beauty was filled with kids, one or two would put their feet down and push... and push till we got going real fast, we could then let-go because the centrifical force would keep our little bodies plastered up against the sides. 

A real wooden teeter-totter... 
Remember those?   Is there even such a thing anymore?
It was more fun if you could find someone about your weight so you could "Teeter-totter"
more balanced.  Never ever jump off your end or the other person would smash to the ground and man did that hurt.  
Anyone remember, "farmer brown let me down.... what will you give me"..... Oh those were the days


We still see units similar to this one, but these days they are plastic.
I remember going down this slide, it goes right into the ground. weeeeeeeeeeee  !


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and memories, Jackie. I think it's a good time to find the kid in all of us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the good olden days for sure. No kid was ever killed on the old toys either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those toys are classics for sure! We should go there! Fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially the teeter totter!

    ReplyDelete