A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

I love overnight get-aways

A brief synopsis of our fun weekend in the Cities.
*
When we head up to my sister's house in the northern burbs of the Twin Cities, 
we always pass through this tunnel (Lowry Hill Tunnel) 
My husband drives the van like a race car through this tunnel, scares me silly. 
The traffic goes from 65 MPH to a sudden 35 MPH, the problem is ... 
nobody slows down, It really does seem like the Indy 500.
 Lowry Hill Tunnel I94W Minneapolis Mn
I often think of Princess Diana when we go through this tunnel
anyone else see the resemblance to the tunnel she died in?
*
My Nephew Sam 14, and Niece Jensen 10 
We had a good time visiting with family and celebrating the birthdays! 
*
After the party we went to see the house my Son Brice and his Bride Jennifer bought!
It's their 1st home and it's awesome!!!
 Since they haven't closed yet we were only able to see the outside, and peek in the windows.
 We love everything about it, such a great house for them, 
we cant wait to see them transform it into their own place.
*
After we named the perennials in the lawn, and the guys talked about "guy stuff" 
we decided to go out for appetizers, 
Brice suggested Granite City, My all time favorite restaurant in the cities,
It was a beautiful evening out on the patio.  
Flatbread BBQ chicken pizza and yummy waffle fries with...that dip!
Love hanging out with our twin cities kids :) 
*
Rick & I spent the night in Brooklyn Center, 
then did some shopping and browsing on Sunday.

More about Sunday in my next Post

4 comments:

  1. Nice get away. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tunnel scares me, too, because everyone does drive like they're in the Indy 500.

    Congrats to your son and his bride on purchasing their first home. Such a great time to be buying a house at unbelievably low interest rates.

    Our eldest lives in south Mpls. We really do need to go up there more often and have her show us around the Cities. But she's always so busy with friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Brice and Jenny! No house pics?

    ReplyDelete