A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

A tradition that never ends....

I think know I've been doing this since forever.
Baking Christmas cookies has been in me since I was a little girl.
I remember making home made hand-dipped chocolates with my mom, 
and doing cut-outs with my dad.

This photo was taken back in 2011, when Our first grandchild Audrey was 2. 
She sits on the countertop like my own kids did to help make cookies.

Audrey has been in school for a few years but little brother Carson has become very involved in helping. He's a mixer, an egg cracker and candy-kiss-unwrapper.
I like to tell the kids the story of the year their mommy (Brianna) was helping me unwrap the kisses.
As I was taking them from the container to place them on top of the cookie, I noticed that every one of them had the tops bitten off, ha ha!  
She didn't think I'd notice if she only nipped the top off!
photo courtesy or google images

Someone has been licking the beaters

Under the watchful eye of mamma.

We made 2 different kinds of cookies, 2 pans of bars and white chocolate clusters.

 I had to add 2 table leaves to accommodate the cookies

Our favorites

Do you have any special baking traditions, I'd love to hear about it.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you continue this tradition with your grandchildren. Maybe this is something I can start with Izzy. I don't bake much since I don't need the sweets in the house and "the kids" aren't big on sweets either. But I do make cream cheese roll-out cookies every Christmas. And I'll bake date pinwheels for Randy given he grew up with those. That's it, unless I decide to do the Hershey kisses cookies. Great story there about that sneaky Brianna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Christmas baking mostly for the time spent with my daughter and grands. Rick enjoys eating them, I mostly enjoy making up plates and giving to friends and neighbors. I do a pretty good job of staying out of the goodies. I have to say I stay clear of the roll outs... too much work for me. Brianna loves to do that with her kids, so for that I'm glad. I bet Izzy would love to bake with grandma...the kiss cookies are especially fun because they can have the job of unwrapping :)

      Delete
  2. Next Christmas...Izzy will have a baking date with Grandma. She'll be 2 1/2 then, closing in on three.

    I love that you gift your neighbors with plates of holiday treats.

    ReplyDelete