A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

You start with a palette of paint...

A Christmas-time gathering with friends. 
Dinner comes first, lot's of good conversation then a special project....

You start with a palette of paint, a few size brushes, some water and a raw sketched print. 
A glass of wine is optional but a nice touch as we begin a watercolor project taught by
 Deb (red sweater) a long time friend, an artist who is gifted in many ways
 
I have a band of friends, there are 11 of us. We support each other and we pray for each other.
We have all gone to church together, raised kids together and some of us even vacationed together. Some have moved away... then moved back. We have stuck by each other through,
 "family stuff", deaths, serious illnesses and joys. 
We've done a lot of "life" together.
Mostly we just have fun.

Deb wanted to do a class on watercoloring with us girls. 
I don't believe any of us have ever water covered except maybe in
junior high art class a bazillion years ago. Regardless of our skill level
we were all very excited to give it a try.
We started out with a scantily "sketched scene" (by Deb) of birch trees among some rushes.

The bottom of this photo is the "before" I started project, the top is my finished piece

I zoomed in on the detail of the birch trees, The little "blobs" on the trees were called "eyes" by Deb.
They were a challenge, but I think I did ok for a first timer.

There was a lot of detail, color and shading that went into this piece.
I'm cautiously proud of my work, but dont intend to make it my hobby....
For some it's relaxing, as for me...too much stress!

I love my friends and cherish the friendship we have had for many years.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You did an awesome
    Job Mom!!! It’s so pretty! Love that you all get together! I agree, fun, but stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie, remember when you and I did that paining at Canvas and Chardonnay.... STRESS big time, $50 and I made a mistake before we even got started. "oh, it's suppose to be horizontal", ugh I painted mine vertical.

      Delete
  2. I love that you have this big circle of friends who have always been there for you. I am equally blessed. And I count you among my caring, prayerful, loving and supportive friends.

    As far as painting, I'm with you. I would find this stressful. But you did a fantastic job. I'll keep my camera as my artist's tool of choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm with you....the camera is my choice as well, but I was glad to be with this group if I was going to be painting :)

      Delete