A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, December 8, 2017

it's always worth it to me...

I look forward to this day in December every year!
 A shopping day with my sister, time spent eating, talking and shopping.
We just came off  several days of 50 - 60 degree weather so of course 
the day of our planned shopping trip was a travel day from hell. 
Gusty winds, rain that had turned to ice on the roads, which were now partially snow covered. 
What usually takes me 1:50 minutes, turned into a 3.5 hours drive to my sisters house.
I saw lots of this...
 and this 
 The entrance ramp onto 494 E  had to be closed due to a semi tailer that had jack knifed and was blocking the entrance ramp. I was determined that this weather would not thwart my plans.

We got a late start shopping but enjoyed our time together with my niece Jensen joining after school.
 "Elmer"
My sister snatched up this 24X36 canvas print of a moose at Kirklands. 
The hanging ornament light up and twinkle making this a beautiful seasonal wall display.  
It is proudly being displayed on a wall in their home.

I spent the night at my sister's house, then the next morning met up with
my niece Megan and her 2 little ones 
I got to watch my great-niece practice at her dance class, those little ones are too cute for words. After class we had lunch together at Panera,
 it's always fun to  hang out with family in the Twin Cities.

From there it was off to my oldest son's home to pick up our 3 year old granddaughter!
She spent a few nights with us...we had such a nice time.
Scarlett and Grandpa chatting it up.

First time in the toddler bed, She did great!

Pancakes in the morning...taste testing.

We had a fun play date with Brianna and Carson at "Monkey Junction"
 A fun place for kids to play when it's too cold to play outside
They also provide a snack and have story time

Later that evening Uncle Gavin, Auntie Brianna, Audrey and Carson came for a  visit
Big cousin Audrey is fixing Scarlett's hair.

All of our children and grandchildren have loved this little ceramic house, made by my
Mother-in-law.  They like to rearrange the little people around the outside of the house.

I will leave it this way for a few more days. 
We miss her already. 
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. So fun! You know I understand how hard it is to not see the far away babies often!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri, I know you get it! You will soon be blessed with a little one very close by. It’s amazing and awesome and well ...you know 😍💕

      Delete
  2. Except for that lengthy drive, it seems you had a fabulous time with your sister and other family.

    And I love that you had sweet Scarlett overnight. She's getting so grown-up. That pic of Rick on the floor with Scarlett is beyond precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , the drive was not fun... but I would do it again. We had the best time with Scarlett, she wanted to stay longer but they had a Christmas gathering on Saturday so we settled with 2 days.

      Delete