A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Just Barns

I love old barns... weathered exteriors and crumbling foundations.
they have walls that speak, and tell a story of years gone by 

I can't help to be sad to think that these old barns will eventually be gone.
The stone foundations will crumble and the wooden boards will rot.

Here's what's left of my Grandma's farm in Rural West Concord.
 I grew up playing in the barn, exploring and getting into mischief.
All that stands now is part of the milk house and silo.

Modern barns are not the kind of barns I think of when I think.... Barn
Photo courtesy of Google images
The new barn....Long rectangular metal buildings.

Classic barn

Love this old building...one of my favorites

 still standing

I get to drive by this one every day, only a few blocks from my home

Winter and barns....two of my favorite things 

A silhouette of a farmstead about a mile from my house. 
Even though my house is in the city limits, the "Country is just down the road"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jackie, you just know that I adore this post because of my shared love of barns. Thank you for photographing these beauties and sharing them with us. I may need to take your directive and photograph barns in the winter landscape. They truly stand out in the starkness of winter, making them even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete