A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Filled in squares...

I cannot bring myself to get rid of my calendars from the last 9 years.
I thought today I might, but then I started to look through them and I couldn't bring myself to do it,
 So much of my life is documented on my calendars, 
it's fun to look back and be reminded of times gone by, busy times!
"Life is your Dance" 
2009 was a big year, and would be the start of a busy calendar for the next 9 years...
2009 
Our oldest Brianna (and husband Chris) gave us our 1st grandchild, 
Our Middle child, Brice graduated from College and Married his high school sweetheart. 
Our youngest Gavin graduated high school.

Here's just a sample... March of 2009
Jury duty - Brianna's baby shower -  Lunch with Valarie -  Bars for Dora Ha ha 
Orthodontist for Gavin -  Dentist for both boys - work schedule -  6 family birthdays - 
 register Gavin for Track.

On to 2013 (4 years later)
 Notice the scribbles, Little Audrey must have got ahold of a pen and added her "two cents"
More birthdays, Anniversaries, Brianna and Chris's moving day (18th). 
My Nieces, Megan and Kate's baby shower (5th). Taxes due. 
Watched the kids on the 6th & 10th and for some reason didn't need to on the 24th. 
I also noticed "get away" on the 31st... I wonder where we "got away" to?

 Scroll ahead 9 years later, the end of 2018 and look at my calendar.
 The circle dates are always the days I work. 
I forgot to cross of the 13th & 14th, and add "shopping day" with my sister on the 11th. 
(I have vacation that week).
I also haven't added our friends Christmas party on the 7th.
It has quieted some over the last few years, I still feel busy but it's a different busy.
I will most likely fill in events here and there as I flip the calendar from November to December.

Do you keep your calendars? 
They don't take up too much space so I will keep mine for now, 
So much of my life is written in those squares.



1 comment:

  1. As long as you've kept those calendars this long, you may as well keep them. They're an abbreviated diary of your life really. My annual Christmas letter serves as a diary of our family. I've kept copies for all the kids and one Christmas bought three-ring binders for each and inserted their childhood art, those letters and other important paper documents of their lives.

    ReplyDelete