A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Sister time

My sister and I are 6 years and 10 months apart. 
I can remember the day my mom came home from the hospital with her. 
The anticipation was almost too much for a 1st grader who hadn't yet seen this sister she had been told she had. You see back-in-the-day we didn't get to go to the hospital to see the new babies,
 and the mom's stayed in for a lot longer. I remember my brother Rick (18months older than I) and me running all the way home after school to see our little sister.
As we grow older the age difference seems less and less, but we really do come from different generations and are at different stages of life. 

Once a year we have a shopping day with the anticipation of Christmas soon to come. 
Today was that day...
(Never mind the photo-bomb coming out the doors of this restaurant).
We shop, we eat, we talk, we laugh and this year my sister talked a lot about Andrea Bocelli, ha ha!

We left the house about 10:15am and didn't return until after 7:00 pm 
We got much accomplished, times just flies when you're having fun with your sister.

 Check out this angel-wing-dress Christmas tree, or maybe you'd prefer the bright red tree?
We checked out this new store called "At Home"
 I would call it a glorified gigantic "Hobby Lobby" 

 There's always time for a mid afternoon coffee break at Caribou!
 I thankful for my sister, and for the times we get to hang out.

It's nearly a 2 hour drive to the northwest edge of the Twin Cities to get to my sister's house, but it's worth the drive in that crazy rush-hour traffic
St. Paul...such a pretty skyline

Do any of you have "Sister Traditions"?
 I would love to hear about it.





1 comment:

  1. Now that is one long day of shopping... No way could I make it through that much shopping, sister or not.

    I have no sister traditions. We are vastly different people. I wish I had the closeness you share with your sister, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete