A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Goals, instead of Resolutions...


I have never been big on New Years Resolutions. 
Personally it just sets me up for failure and and apparently I'm not the only one... 

According to Wikipedia, a high percentage of those who make a New Year resolution fail to keep it.
A 2007 study from the University of Bristol invoking 3000 people showed that 88% of those 
who set New Year Resolutions failed, despite the fact that 52% of those people
 were confident of success at the beginning.

Unlike the firm decision of a Resolution,
I prefer to label it a GOAL (aspiration or desire), which to me seems more desire driven.

With that being said, this year I have a few "goals"

#1   I have chosen a verse to breathe in & out each morning before I jump out of bed 
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer  ~ Roman's 12:12


Hope ~ Patient ~ Prayer
I have many Hopes, I believe my hopes coincide with God's promises...so I continue to hope.
Being Patient is my worst enemy, this verse will bring to mind each morning the need for patience.
Prayer is a big deal for me, I pray often and at the most crazy times
 (like right before a preform my lumbar punctures at work).

#2   I have set a goal to read through the entire Bible.
I do read and study God's word often but I would like to actually read through from start to finish in one year. I have attempted this in the past without success. Yesterday, I downloaded an App on my phone to help me with this. It has audio so I can listen while I drive.....score!

#3  Time....
Time is non-refundable, I really need to start using it with intention.
I also need to practice being in the NOW, not looking too far ahead or wishing time away.
I need to work on spending my time on things and people that matter!
This quote really hits home for me...
"Bad news is, Time flies
Good news is... you're the pilot"

#4 Worry Less...
 which I already started working on in 2018...

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  ~ Phil 4;6


I really had to think about this quote, It took me a minute to get-it
Then I just smiled to myself and thought....YEP!

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are an inspiration. An inspiration to hope more, pray more, live more in today, read God's Word more...

    Thank you for sharing the quote, the Scripture, but most of all the encouragement that is so much a part of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Audrey.

      Delete