A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My heart may just burst...

This is only one of the million reasons I love this guy.....
The love and interaction he has with his grandkids is so amazing, 
(sorry to be so sappy, but it melts my heart)

Rick is a "get-on-the-floor" and play, tickle, throw them up in the air, 
cuddling, and silly kind of grandpa.
Notice the blur in this photo...it's because of the crazy tickling going on here
Oh...and those little happy faces

 His unconventional holds....
 My heart....
 and then this..... This is one way he puts the babies to sleep  :)

He gets right down to their level....
and takes every opportunity to "be there"
sometimes it's more subdue and sweet
just playing.

 ...and sometimes it's about to get wild
One of their favorite things to do at the lake
Oh the joy! 

I never want them to grow up
I still hear the giggles from this day
 One on one
Reading books, during sleep overs, which sometimes precedes the pillow fights. 
  
Oh my heart!!! 

Why does he get all the snuggles?????

Grandparenting has changed over the generations. 
Rick and I were talking the other day about our grandparents and we had the same thoughts. 
The adults talked and the kids played. Can anyone of our generation relate?

We knew our grandparents loved us, but the one-on-one interaction wasn't that common. 
I remember a few times my Grandpa Erickson played "catch" with us, and I remember a few hugs from grandma. At my Grandma Thomas's, Grandma was just grandma, but she always had homemade donuts for us. The farm was the best... lots of exploring and probably getting into things we shouldn't of, but we survived.

I love the interaction we have with our grandkids and I wouldn't want it any other way. 
I hope they remember the One-on-one times we we played with them, the sleep overs and all the baking and play-doh making. I hope they remember growing-up at the cabin, and all the fun memories with grandpa and grandma.
But most of all....I hope they remember that they were loved...




My heart may just Burst...... 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your grandchildren will always know they are loved. You and Rick show it every single time you are with them.

    Like you, my grandparents never openly showed their love nor engaged with us. Likewise, my children never experienced that from their grandparents. It was a different time. I am so glad that things have changed, that we are generation openly showing our love. We're always down on the floor, too, with the granddaughter (soon to also include the grandson). Not quite as wild as Rick, though.

    ReplyDelete