A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

MAYBE.....Just maybe

 After lasts weeks big hype about all the snow....blah blah blah, 
 I was pretty disappointed when Rochester got none.

With that being said, 
I'm a little hesitant to get all excited about the snowfall forecasted for Rochester starting tomorrow.

As you can see I have marked up the map on this model that shows 12 inches right over Rochester.
As most of you know I love winter, snow and all the beauty it brings!
I would be thrilled to get a foot of snow, after all it is Minnesota and in Minnesota we get "Winter".

To appreciate the beauty of a snowfall
it is necessary to stand out in the cold.  ~author unknown
photo file 2014
Not much can keep me from a winter photo opportunity. 
A few years ago I ventured out during this blizzard. 
The photo shows detail of a country road with drifting and blowing snow in every direction. 
*When I look at this photo, I see beauty and the energy of nature.
 I can hear the roar of the wind

I realize that not everyone is a fan of winter, just like not everyone is a fan of summer, spring or fall. But I try to see the beauty in every season, even summer.... my least favorite season.

We have a winter storm on the way for SE Minnesota, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
 It is predicted that Sunday into Monday will bring 9-12" of snow. 
Windchills expected to be in the -20's and temperatures are expected to be 
as low as -26 on Tuesday & Wednesday. 
It sounds like a good old Minnesota blizzard..... it's been awhile
I've been waiting!
 
Be safe to those who have to travel!

4 comments:

  1. I heard Rochester got like 10 inches, right? And then I thought, oh, I bet Jackie is happy. But, hey, driving into a blizzard is not smart. Be safe on your photo ventures, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Audrey, I would never drive into a blizzard that I couldn't drive out of. This shot was taken about a mile from home on a well lit gravel road just off the main drag. We only got about 7 inches...enough for me :) How much did you get?

      Delete
  2. Who needs a weather App when we have you? ! Glad you got your snow wish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get my wish....finally. It only took until the end of January to get us some decent snow :)

      Delete