A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Anniversary vibes...

Marriage 101..... (at least in my mind)


Be silly

 I often say to Rick...."What would people think if they knew the goofy things we say and do"
Even our children don't know, but some things are just meant to be between a husband and wife.

 LOVE is a verb.
 There are so many choices in a marriage that say, I Love You
It's not always easy to choose to let your spouse be more important, 
or even feel more important at a given time, but it's always the right thing to do....
to at least consider their feelings, to value their opinion....
that really does says, "I Love You" in a big way.

 We've been married for 37 years, but dated for 5 years first cuz we were high school sweethearts. 
It hasn't always been easy, but it hasn't been hard either!
 We are not perfect, and we've had to learn things along the way.
We are still learning, and growing in this marriage, but here's
 a few things we've figured out along our journey...

* 1st and foremost, Respect your spouse 
* Forgive their faults (we all stumble) 
* Value their opinion (even if it's not yours)
* Call them out when needed, (because that's what best friends do... be gentle)
* Be weird, Be silly and Goof off....a lot
*Encourage each other, cheer each other on, and play together.
* Love unconditionally
37 years ago today I married someone who looked beyond my flaws and into my heart.
 He has encouraged me, he has been so patient with me, and he often puts my needs
 before his own, it comes natural for him....
I know, I can't believe he's mine.
 This man I call my husband loved me at the lighting of the unity candle,
 and he loves me now. It is a love that is unwavering just like that of Jesus,
 unconditional love is what marriage should always be.

His example is one I try to follow for our marriage, I pray God will bless us with
many more years, so I can keep practicing, ha ha....
 How-in-the-world-is-he-mine?
I love doing life with this guy, I am blessed to be his wife.
Happy 37th sweet man!

We know each other well...

 He knows ,
I love dark chocolate and I was just about out of my perfume,

I know,
 that he loves to read, and his favorite snacks are beef jerky and candy bars.

4 comments:

  1. Very Sweet! Happy Anniversary! You and I (and are husbands) are a lot alike. We are both very lucky to have the men God chose for us! Take care, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie9:36 PM

      Not sure who my "unknown" commentor is, Thanks for your sweet message but please add your name so I know who is leaving the comment.

      Delete
  2. Happy 37th anniversary, Jackie and Rick! We are just a month and a few days behind you. Thanks for the reminders about marriage. We are blessed. All four of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie9:33 PM

    thank you friend, and yes we are blessed!

    ReplyDelete