A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

How does one choose?

When Rick and I "Road trip"....we 
I am always on the outlook for bakeries/donut shops.
Well, we ran right into this one in West Desmoines on a recent get-away.
I had never heard of the franchisee called Hurt Donut Co. 
and I wasn't about to drive by without checking it out.
The name comes from the old-time joke of asking someone if they want a Hurts Donut. If they say yes, they get a punch on the arm followed by a “Hurts, don’t it.”... get it  :)

The 1st store opened in Springfield Missouri on November 17th 2013.
I found a few interesting tidbits while reading through their website.

 *The day before they opened they made their very first donut
*They learned how to make donuts on You Tube
*Bought all their equipment on Craigslist.

Hurts is a 24/7 bakery that offers 70 types of handmade doughnuts daily.

it was not easy to pick....for me that is
I want them all
Rick, on the other hand sticks with the most basic in the history of donuts...the donut hole
How can you not try one of these????
I went with the Salted caramel and chocolate(above) 
It was all I had hoped for, pure sweet, chewy amazingness.

I Decided to pose next to this huge industrial mixer that is on display in the store.
Now THAT'S a big mixer.

I will have this one next time, my mouth waters thinking about it.

When the owners opened that first store in Sprinfield they only had $7 left in their bank account...
There are now over 16 stores in the USA. 

This will go down as one of my favorite donut shops
Do you have a favorite donut shop?

2 comments:

  1. Before I read what you chose, I chose the same donut.

    I love Bloedow's in Winona and there's one in Cannon Falls that is a must-stop although the name eludes me at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't surprise me that we both would choose the same donut. I love Bloedows as well

      Delete