A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, July 15, 2019

I'm melting....

I'm MEEEEELTING....
Holding my little personal fan in front of my face trying to cool off after carrying 
just 2 bags into the house from the car. What you can't see is the sweat dripping off my face!
It's a sorry site for anyone, hence the photo-edit fun.

Below is a snapshot of our local Facebook weather post
Note the "Misery Meter" as being DISGUSTING.... 
that is how I feel today, after only 2 minutes outside. 
For me it's worse than oppressive, it just makes me feel icky. 




I don't mean for this post to start up an argument about the weather and who likes what better, 
I only want to explain my reason for loving fall & winter better.
Yesterday, today and the rest of the week are exactly why I love fall and winter. 
Summer is not MY season.
The heat and humidity goes against what is comfortable for me, it make me quite miserable.
My face sweats, so I don't even know why I put make-up on in the morning. 
I feel irritable, lazy, tired and all around blah.

SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) is not limited to the winter months.
 There is a true Seasonal Affective Disorder for some people in the summer ( I googled it)
I don't really have that because I don't get depressed, 
but I can see how I could get depressed if I had to live in this for very long. 

Isn't summer suppose to be a time for being outside and enjoying the weather, 
for some they do, and that's what they love... but not for everyone.
I don't enjoy being cooped up in the house day after day with the A/C on, that gets old fast!
(Remember summer is the season that your suppose to be outside)

Winter is more of a In-the-house kind of season, because of the snow and colder temps. 
but I actually enjoy being out in the winter, it's refreshing and exhilarating.
I look forward to the quiet & beauty of winter, it slows me down and it's bearable.
I love cozy sweaters and blankets, I love snuggling up with a good book and a cup of coffee.
I enjoy winter walks and hikes.

In order for me to enjoy summer it needs to be under 77 degrees with minimal humidity.
Or

I just need to go up to the cabin where I've got the lake a few steps out my door.
The lake is cool, relaxing and just about perfect. 

The lake is calling my name this week.....soon

These are my own personal feelings about summer, with all this being said, I do enjoy the change of seasons in Minnesota minus the the super hot and humid days of summer!
Luckily there are not a lot of those days.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're melting. Fun to play around with photo editing, isn't it?

    As I write, my windows are flung wide open. I opened up the house last evening after the cool down because I dislike the house closed and air on day after day. With the sun behind clouds, it's staying relatively cool. But the humidity, well, I can almost wring that from the air. I advise you to head to the cabin asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying the the cooler days at the cabin, but feeling bad for those back home who say it's horrible. We spend the afternoons in the lake...it's delightful!

      Delete