A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It's been awhile......

It's crazy how fast the summer is going, I can feel fall sneaking up on us...
 there's a smell in the air especially up north! You know, that dewy morning smell.
Rick and I have had a lot of time at the cabin this summer. 
I have been granted a lot of vacation and Rick can pretty much take off when he wants. 

We have still spent time with our families between cabin stays
 with visits, birthday parties and the 4th of July, and lets not forget video chats  :)
 The 2nd cousins and a 3rd in the back <3 p="">
(4th of July at mom & dad's)
Lewin running on the slip n slide.

Not necessarily in order, our visitors...
 Bill & Nancy, friends from church
 Ruth & Kerry, 
Rick and Kerry are golf buddies, they are good friends from church. 

 My sister's family...and friend (bottom right)

 Fun to have a couple of teenagers with us this year.

 Rick's brother Brad and wife Julie...always fun to catch up with these two.

 My friend Sharalyn spent the night along with her son-in-law and 2 of the grands

Out to dinner with some of our friends (and neighbors) up north

Scarletts 5th B-day
presents

 playing in the newly built sand box my son made.

 Big tree swing (Scarlett)

Rick has been working on refinishing the deck this summer.
 it's a big project, but it's coming along
I would pay someone to do this....he enjoys it  :)
Taking off several layers of paint down to the bare wood.

There is also fun to be had at the cabin....
Our neighbor Scott insisted we take his machines out for a drive, so fun.

 My slalom skiing man 


On a recent visit, this one insisted on taking a selfie  <3 p="">
I asked him to smile for the picture and this is what I got.... he is so goofy!

We got to hang out with these two on Saturday while Mom & Dad had a date.
They wanted a silly picture of them eating subs.... goofs.

 Sunday was spent with dear friends from church.
 I love these ladies so much, they are wise, fun and prayer warriors!
I have learned a lot from them in the "women's class" at church.

I work three days this week and it's back up to the cabin for 10 days, 
we will have 4 friends join us for part of the time, we really looking forward to it  :)

Rick and I feel blessed to be able to balance our life here in Rochester and 4 1/2 hours away at our cabin. We feel our life is richer because of the friends and family we get to share a little piece of heaven with at "Hemmer's Haven" 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, what memories. How your cabin has blessed you. I love the pic of Scarlett on the swing. But she cannot be five already.

    ReplyDelete