A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Snow, ice, beauty and good traction...it all goes together.

After autumn, winter comes in as my 2nd favorite season.
Winter has come quickly here in Southern Minnesota,
 Many have complained but I'm OK with that, after all it is November!
We have had a few days of below normal temperature and I have 
even had to put on a coat...but no socks (yet)
A few of my favorite winter photo's from years past.....
I look forward to slowing down as the cold weather arrives

 I love the beauty that winter displays, especially after a fresh coat of snow

Everything looks better surrounded by snow
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I do like to be out and about in the winter, so I depend on a great pair of shoes with good traction that helps prevent me from falling flat on my face, well.....
Somehow I have lost or misplaced my winter shoes (for walking on the ice and snow), so I went to our local experts on winter footwear and purchased these beauties. 

Teva Women's W Sugarpine 

I don't mind spending a little extra and helping out the small businesses in town. (Tyrol Ski & Sport)
Not to mention the one-on-one help I got from the sales guy who was a wealth of knowledge

 I will feel better about walking the 5 blocks outside from my parking spot to work! 
The sidewalks are normally cleared of snow but there is usually a 
slick layer of snow or ice left behind that warrants good traction.
Now we just need some more snow so I can try them out  :)

Truth,
 I love the correlation of Snow and Kindness....
Let it snow...and be kind  :)

1 comment:

  1. You are wise to purchase shoes with traction. Stay safe and enjoy winter. Oh, I know you will. Please continue to remind me of its beauty in your words and lovely images.

    ReplyDelete