A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, November 1, 2019

November is Diabetes awareness month

 I was not aware, and quite honesty didn't pay much attention, 
until it happened to someone I love more than anything....

 This is my hero, my grandson Carson.
He was diagnosed 3 years ago with TYPE 1 Diabetes. 

It's a cruel, unpredictable, relentless autoimmune disease
It is 24/7...no timeouts, no vacations.
But it does not define this little guy!
He is amazing, courageous, happy, funny, smart and so handsome. 
He is a mini- athlete, reads at the top of his class, he's creative, a thinker and strong.
He is kind, self directed, helpful and "Old for his age".

Making people aware and educating about what Type 1 Diabetes is a big deal!

 Most days I post snippets/facts on facebooks, and I will occasionally post here throughout the month! I hope you take the time to read and learn.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry sweet Carson (and his family) face this life-long disease. But so thankful for the love and support he has in all of you.

    ReplyDelete