A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Big skies and green pastures....

I have always loved "country"
Cows in the pature,
gravel roads,
big Skys, and green pastures.
I grew up in the country!


When I was a kid living at home, I used to walk across our back yard, 
cross-over  County Rd 11 and lay in the ditch to watch the cows.
We didn't live on a farm but the cows were practically in my backyard.
Both Mom and Dad grew up on farms, we visited grandma's farm often as a kid.

Today mom and I took a little drive down the gravel roads in Amish country near Utica, Mn
 Where the chickens roam free....

 Where the Amish buggies line the buildings

Where Horse lead buggies cross paths on the gravel roads
Can you see them....pretty little! 

 We visited the "Yoder Farm/ country greenhouse.
 Amish plants are inexpensive and always healthy.

 I had mom pick our a hanging plant for Mother's Day :)
I may post that photo hear in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously envious of your beautiful country drive. Thank you for sharing your photos of this lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both love "country" dont we.

      Delete