A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Off with the chicken border for good.

We bought our cabin 5 years ago, loving everything about it. 

The previous owner's wife was a colorful decorator, each room has a Color 
no off-white walls to be found.
 The guest rooms have been fondly nicknamed the "green and blue" rooms.

Only one room was a bit "off" for me, 
The Kitchen

 I tolerated it, but I had had enough of the chicken wallpaper border!
and the dark burgundy color up against dark cabinets...
The room felt small and it was too dark.

Five years in and we finally changed up the color of the kitchen.
This is where I freeze like a deer in headlights, I'm terrible at picking a color. UGH!
I knew I wanted something lighter, and WARM.

 Here's my favorite guy, making my dreams come true, haha.
He is the painter, not me. I'm glad he's so willing to head up my projects. 

Some Before's and After's...

 Before
Note the lovely chicken border and red/Burgandy walls

 After  
Border is gone! Opens up the space above the cabinets and really brightens up the room

 Before

 After

I love how the color turned out and I'm looking forward to
 putting some finishing touches (decor) on the walls!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, what a difference. I love the lighter color. You are inspiring me to remove the wallpaper border in my office and repaint. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick actually liked the Burgandy color but agreed that it was too dark for the room. The border came off really slick, whoever put it up did a good job of prepping the wall first, we were thankful for that!

      Delete