A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, October 2, 2020

More of the same...

Today marks 3 weeks since I had extensive surgery to fuse my big toe joint and clean up the spurs 
and arthritis around it. It seems like it's never going to be October 16th. That's when I 
 have another appointment to hopefully get out of this non-weigh bearing cast and into a "boot" 
 I hope that means I can then walk on two feet.
I have spent a lot of time sitting and doing things that only require sitting. 
I have located my old crochet hook and bought some new yarn. It keeps my hands busy as I
 work on some winter projects... hats, scarfs and things like that.
When I'm up, I'm not allowed to even rest my foot on the ground, Crutches help, 
but it's not easy getting around that way so I use a borrowed 3 wheeler. There is a lot of one-legged balancing and hopping. My left hip feels the wear and tear of being one-legged. 
 
I received a hand-made card yesterday from a 90-year-old friend who is also a poet!
"Dot" and her husband own a cabin not far from ours on Long Lake. 
We are long time friends from the church here in Rochester.
The loon scene is cut from fabric and glued to the paper stock.
a beautiful poem written in her own words....she is a gem of a friend.

A couple days ago I ventured out with Rick to his Dad's condo...

Rick and his siblings are still getting his dad's condo ready for closing.
 It's been a long process as many of you may know, and have done this yourselves. 
60+  years of accumulated "Stuff"
Somewhere in his lap is a grandboy  :)
When these two get together it's all tickles and giggles.

I'm such a lucky grandma!

Tomorrow we hope to see these two and watch Scarlett play soccer!
Being a grandma is the best gig in the world.... just stay little!

No comments:

Post a Comment