A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Keeping Joy in the fore front


I need to stay positive and focused on God's goodness and many blessings,
 even when I'm feeling cooped up and mostly alone.
So I decided to write a random post of the recent joys in my life... I am so blessed.

A fun gift from my Brother Rick and s.i.l. Cindy. 
They brought this colander filled with pasta and sauces when they stopped by for a visit last week, 
cant wait to break it open  :)

Being laid-up is no fun, especially for this girl who is always on the go,
never an idle moment for me, not even for my hands, 
so... while I was at the cabin last week I decided to pick up my crochet hook and find a simple yet usable pattern to try. Here's the result of my first "Twisted ear warmer"! I think it turned out pretty well, 
but I think I need to change up a few things to perfect it.

My kids have kept up my spirits with photos of the grand babes, 
I'm so thankful for that, these little ones bring so much joy to Rick and I.
Little Lew throwing rocks in the lake on a recent trip for their family to the cabin.

We are hoping to watch Carson play soccer this weekend, 
He also just started Flag-football, it's so fun to watch him play.

On the way home from our cabin, we had a "stop-by" to see Brice's family, 
Scarlett was so excited to sign my cast, she pretty much colored in one whole side.

The day before we left the cabin we had lunch with our sweet friends/neighbors

How is it that she looks like a teenager already, Love you jojo

My Gavin delivered me a sandwich from Erberts & Gerberts, a few days after surgery.
 I gave him a good tip as I asked him to do a couple of favors for me before he went back to work.
 
Our baby G-boy started preschool, how can this be?

 A mix of home-school, and hybrid, and just plain all day at home.
 I really feel bad for the kids this year as they looked forward to seeing classmates, 
and having some "normal".
But look at these 4... I just smile and thank God they are healthy and doing well.

So as I've put this post together I've found myself smiling as I look at the photo's, 
I'm so thankful for the JOYS in my life.

Last but NOT least my biggest joy...
He's my everything.






4 comments:

  1. Blessed beyond measure...for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful post about that which holds deepest meaning in our lives. Our families. (And how are these grandkids growing up so quickly?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want them to stay little!

      Delete