A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, October 26, 2020

When Fall and Winter meet...

I couldn't help but take a little drive in the country this morning 
to highlight a few of the beautiful scenes from behind my camera.

 Monday's are quiet and the country roads seem abandoned! 

Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons so when they come together... 
well, it's just simply beautiful!

These guys seemed happy to have a visitor

Many of the fields are still unharvested

I am captivated by all things "old & abandoned"
I wish I could hear the stories that the walls of this old house could tell.
Love this small outbuilding with the stone foundation.

The snow that covered the grass form this weekend is already starting to melt
underneath lay the Autumn leaves that have just recently fallen.

Danesville is an unincorporated community that I drove past and then backed up to take this shot. 
The old abandoned building back in the trees was all I saw of this "community"

I have not had a chance to do my outside cleanup in the flower beds, mainly because of my recent foot surgery, but I hear temperatures are warming up this week with highs in the 50's by Saturday. 
It seems we will get back to fall by the end of the week.
 

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are lovely! I'm glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I am doing better, still a little stiffness and swelling but better all the time

      Delete
  2. Your seasonal photos are simply stunning, Jackie. Thank you for taking me on your country drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey, it’s been awhile since I’ve been out and about!

      Delete