A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, November 23, 2020

Being comfortable with growing older....

I'm not exactly sure what I think about turning 60 today, but this I do know...
It is a privilege, a blessing, and a welcome milestone!

 I know far too many who haven't had the chance to live this long, 
so I will embrace "60", and continue to enjoy life, knowing that we are never promised another day.


I thought I would say a few things that are on my mind about aging and turning 60

*It feels just like 59, haha

*I won't be a senior citizen until I can take advantage of the discounts!

*I still don't have to color my hair... but I'm guessing it won't be long.

*I still get told often that I can't possibly be old enough to have grandchildren, 
(this is probably the best thing to hear from strangers who don't know me, mainly my patients).

*As far as the lines in my face... 
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been" ~Mark Twain

* Growing older is a gift, but I thought it would take longer.

*The biggest lie I tell myself, is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember...NOT!

*Getting up now involves making sound effects.

*I talk to myself more.

I love this quote...

 

God has given me much!
 I'm thankful for his selfless love and example of how I should live my life.
 I'm a work in progress and He's not done with me yet. 
I have much to learn and more growing to do. 
I will continue to seek His face for He is my now and forever
Here's to many more years of this crazy life. 

Happy Covid  Birthday to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment