A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving & Birthday memories during the Pandemic

My Birthday & Thanksgiving usually fall during the same week!

This year, 2020 will be unforgettable as I celebrated a milestone birthday and hosted Thanksgiving 
during this time of uncertainly as we are experiencing a pandemic in our country.

So many rules and changes in about everything we do socially. 
We GET IT! and do our best to be safe, all the while continuing to
 "live and experience joy" at the same time.
I'll start with Thanksgiving...
The day before I had the grands come over to help make a "Dutch Apple Pie"
Audrey was really wanting an apple pie, so Grandma made it happen.

This was my year to host, typically we would have about 14 family members here.
This year we only had 7, my son Gavin and my daughter's family who we do see often. 
I guess you could call it our "Pod". 
 We decided it best not to include mom & dad who are in their 80's. 
My Son's family who live in the cities thought it best to stay home,
 I graciously agreed even though I would miss them dearly.
My son-in-law smoked the turkey, my daughter brought the gravy and a dessert and we had all the fixings. We had a great time, and even Zoom-chatted with our Son's family.
Table set for 7

We played games, we visited and enjoyed the time we spent together.
If you ever wanted a great family game, "Blank Slate" is a winner! 
Our son-in-law Chris is getting a kick out of his answer to one of the questions, it's a fun game.

After our family left, Rick and I headed over to my parents with some Thanksgiving fixings.
They were happy to have Masked company and yummy food. We even set them up to "Zoom chat" with my sister and her husband. They have a new puppy that Mom and Dad got to finally meet. 

Now going back a few days to my 60th birthday...
We weren't going to let Covid-19 spoil a special birthday, so I asked Rick if
we could go to Wisconsin where there is still "dine-in" options.
We found ourselves in La Crosse at a place called "Howies"
Never been there, but we will defiantly go back again.
We went to lunch early and had the place almost to ourselves which is what we were hoping for
It just happen to be "buy one burger, get one FREE".....and
Birthday girls get a free drink. 

I still had room for an after-lunch coffee
My husband spoiled me good!

We enjoyed a fun shop called "Tree House"
I could have spent hours and lots of money there, I will need to go back next year.

as if the day wasn't fun enough...

My daughter's family surprised me by decorating the house while we were gone, 
and then came over with cupcakes and gifts, Gavin was here as well, they are the sweetest. 
Brice and family "Zoom-Chatted", and wished me a happy birthday too.
These two gifted me with 60 hand-made birthday cards
Let me tell you I felt pretty special on this special birthday! 
It really couldn't have been much better other than 
having Brice and family present so real hugs could have been given out.
I feel blessed and well-loved by my family, thank you all for making my 60th one to remember!

Oh.... and this
Thank you sweet Rick <3

2 comments:

  1. OK, I am seriously jealous of that new camera. But, oh, those 60 birthday cards, now that impresses me. And your outing to La Crosse looks like a lot of fun. I'd say you had a pretty special 60th. Happy birthday and many more, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best! I missed my SONY, so good to have another back in my hands :)

      Delete