A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A new normal....

 It’s been 16 days since dad went to memory care, his new home is at “Cottagewood”, only a few blocks from my house! He has a nice room with 2 big windows! All-in-all, things are going ok. He isn’t happy to be there but I guess in all fairness who would be! “Home” is where we all long to be!  Dad is slowly getting used to his surroundings, but still struggles with directions, finding his room and the bathroom! The staff is kind and patient with Dad, they are good at keeping us informed and they really like our dad! My siblings and I feel blessed to have each other, we each have our “gifts” when it comes to taking care of dad, I’m just so grateful that we communicate well, and share in all the things that involve our parents as they age!  

These two have always had a sweet relationship. 
They loved Rick from the first time I brought him home to meet them.

“There will come a time when your loved one will be gone and you will find comfort in the fact that you were there caregiver, that you were there to love on them, to cherish them, to hear them, and to remind them how important and loved they are”. (Love this quote)

On July 29th my Dad turned 86,  we celebrated with a visit and cake.
My sis, her hubby Darin, Randy, Rick, Dad, Mom and my Rick!
Dad enjoyed haveing his family near him.

Probably some "smart talk" going in here <3

Love you dad!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your dear dad. This looks like a wonderful home for him, so homey rather than like an "institution." I, too, love that quote in your post.

    ReplyDelete