A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Christmas 2022

Our Christmas weekend started with church on Christmas eve, 
followed by the movie (Jim Carrey's) "A Christmas Carol".
There was lots of loose ends to tie up before bed but all-in-all, a good day.

Christmas morning was presents & cinnamon rolls with Rick, Gavin and me.
Then off to my mom's for a Erickson family Christmas (30 in all)

My dad's chair was empty in person this year, but filled with his favorites and a 
photo of him passing the cookie tray during present opening, which he did every year.

 We talked about dad, there were a few tears, we all miss him dearly. 
We are quite certain he was passing the cookie tray in heaven .

My mom was glad to be hosting as usual,
 she is doing well and was surrounded by all who love her.

Mom and her 4 granddaughters

2 of her grand-boys ( my boys) Gavin & Brice

2 of her Great grand boys, (my grand boys) Carson & Lew

My little brothers family

My daughter and her 2nd cousin

Mom with her 8 great grands
These are only a few photo's of the Erickson family Christmas,
 there are just too many sweet photo's to share.
 
After a fun afternoon at mom's we head back to our home 
for another celebration with just o ur kids and grandkids
the calm before the storm (a good storm)....

Christmas jammies all set out and ready for the littles.
They make my heart so happy!

Before presents Grandpa reads "The Christmas Story"

Present time...
 Carson is looking surprised
Lewin said, "this was on my list"
Scarlett got that doll she wanted
Audrey got the eye palette of her dreams.
My bigs, watching their littles <3
later after present we gather in the family room for the stockings

Rick and I just sat in awe of this beautiful family of ours!
 We are not perfect by any measure, but we love each other deeply and are grateful for
  Gods Grace & provisions.
I will never take for granted the close proximity our family has to each other,
 it's easy for us to gather, I know that's not the case for many! For those friends of mine whose kids and grands are far away, I pray for your hearts, and hope you all can gather soon. 

As for us, It was a crazy, wild Christmas....
Just how we expect it to be, wouldnt want it any other way.

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and now...
A Happy New year.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this Christmas recap from the gathering of family to the traditions to the special place honoring your dad. All speak to deep love for one another. I know you miss your dad and I pray for your comfort and peace as you continue in this grief journey, for it truly is a journey.

    ReplyDelete