A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, June 15, 2023

The celebration of Retirement...

 This week is finally "feeling like retirement", 
Not because I'm sitting around being lazy but because I feel busy without "work" getting in my way.
 That's such a great feeling. 

The start of it all, that's me the top middle with the "mullet"! All young and naive but ready to do what I said I would do since I was a little girls!

I started talking retirement a few years ago.....
These are my work people (Minus sweet Rebekah)
My desk for 8 years, back in the corner and behind the door, it was perfect.
I loved my space

My department threw me a little retirement fling, it was fun to see coworkers from 
the past and present, along with family.
Big ole cake :)
This one, Sharalyn and I go wayyyyy back to the ER, but we were friends before that.
2 of my guys, Gavin and Rick
Friend, church friend and coworker in Neurology Jen.
Sarah and Mary (Left) were my co-workers in Lumbar puncture when I started 8 years ago, 
Renee (Right) stated 6 months after me. All 3 have taken other jobs, So good to see them.
She's a spitfire, she's funny, and keeps me on my toes, my coworker Amanda 
My Brianna and family, Audrey, Carson and Chris
My "sisters", we have a common faith,
 they have been my "calm" on days that are a little over the top.
I miss this one, Jan left a few years ago to persue another job.
More neurology team friends
More neurology team

People sent in words to describe me and my manager made this for me, so sweet and kind of everyone.

A sweet note from my Daughter, who is also a nurse.

Next up:  
My coworkers all took me out to dinner and threw a little going away party
They were so thoughtful, I loved all the gifts
So many fun gifts, all centered around the cabin/lake
Love you guys! I'm gonna miss you all so much.

Were not done yet...
My sweet family all took me to dinner to celebrate my retirement.
The grands  Love them
Family


While at the restraunt I was given a photo memory book of my career at Mayo. 
Brianna did what she does best, she used her resources and found photos that I didn't even know existed, she even contacted old coworkers to have them send messages to me... 
I couldn't read it at the time, my emotions we too volatile.

from my Brice

From my Brianna
Sweet messages from ER buddies Diane and Robin

My sister and her husband gifted me these...so funny
I Love this book so much

It's a wrap folks
Here's to Retirement!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement, Jackie! Oh, what thoughtful gifts you received truly honoring you and who you are. I love the book, the framed words describing you (so true), the meals out, the cake, oh, all the love! So happy for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete