A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

From Christmas to now.....

Time just gets away from me sometimes... I have been MIA since Thanksgiving. 

Blogging is something I do for myself, It's kind of like a diary of my life in photo's. 
Also it's something my kids can go back to someday when I'm long gone.  
Those who want can follow along to see what I'm up to.
Retirement has been good to us, we stay busy with family stuff and recently 
some updates and minor fixes around the house.
The photos' start with most recent to late November, just a few snippets of our life.

Last weekend we traveled to the Twin Cities to watch our #3 grandchild 
perform in a musical called "A kids life". She is front and center, the one with the glasses and light blue jeans. Such a talented group of 3-5 grades.

The weekend before that we had fun celebrating my daughter's 40th birthday, all the kids and grands were here to surprise her with a dinner out, then back to our house for cake and presents... 
it felt like Christmas all over again with everyone here.
Girl cousins Scar and Auds
Audrey found my highschool letter jacket, it now belongs to her. 
She doesnt go to Mayo high school, but still likes the idea of "wearing it around"
* * *
Playin Guess who with out littlest, Lew.

Rochester ACTUALLY got 5 inches of snow in late January, 
Carson came over and built a snowman with grandpa's help.
* * *
Rick updated Gavin's old bedroom with an accent wall and new paint. I cleaned the carpet and it's like a new room. It's now our "Relaxation room", we have a new massage chair and keyboard, it's a popular room, especially when the "bigs" are home.
This chair is glorious.
* * * 

 Christmas...
Audrey always has the BEST expressions when she opens her presents.
Someone is always snuggled up against Uncle Gavin.
 LOW LIGHT = blurry pics
Every year I buy the kids new PJ's for Christmas evening. 
Here is the Obligatory photo...they are good sports 


I love the weeks before Christmas, all the decorating...
and old classics watching.


November...
Making Christmas cookies.
With my side-kick Carson

* * *
Scarlett's last night in the "Toddler bed" in which she refused to give up on, 
notice her feet coming out the bottom of the bed. 
Needless to say we now have a new trundle bed that accomadates our growing grandchildren.


Took a trip with my sister to St. Charles Il to watch Matteo Bocelli in  concert



* * * 
My sweet friend Valerie, made me a birthday lunch with all my favorites
I'm so spoiled

I think I'm Semi caught-up for now


 

2 comments:

  1. This was fun...to see what you've been up to in recent months. But the thing is, I cannot believe how much your grands have grown up. Wow! You sound busy and happy, happy being the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Love the update Mom! Such great pics. Scarlett in the bed made me giggle. Love you! (Brianna)

    ReplyDelete