A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter 2024

How was your Easter weekend?
Ours was fun, with lots of activities.

Our Twin Cities family came down Friday night and spent two nights with us.
Saturday morning Jenny colored eggs with the kids
Reminds me of when their daddy was this little 
coloring eggs at this same counter with his siblings.

I had an egg hunt for all 4 of the grandkids Saturday evening.
 Our littlest is jumping up to retrieve the one on top of the wooden swing, while Uncle gavin looks on
They each got to find 6 eggs. Uncle Gavin did the hiding.
Getting her stash
Still a little snow left on the north side of the house. 
Love these little egg hunters

3 out of the 4 helped finish the "Peep Cake" for Easter dessert

Sunday morning we attended my daughters church for Easter service, 
then headed out to my Brothers house
There was a little petting zoo at outside for the kids to enjoy, 
all of our grands love animals so this was a hit

My Brother and (sil) hosted this year, if you remember from older posts, this is the house I grew up in. 
My mom now lives in an apartment. A lot has changed but it feels right to be there.
Mom hanging out with #2 grand son (My boy Brice).

 
Daughter-in-love Jenny going thru the line
This is where the food is at
My Brother Rick and son Brice
Yay, the "Peep cake"

24 of us attended Easter lunch this year, we were missing 2 families.
There my girl in the middle.

Outdoor play, Gavin is always a hit with the littles
Football
My Loves <3
The oldest brother (on the left) is always on his toes in photos, trying to be taller that his little bother. 
Gavin has about an inch on Brice.

The March Birthdays, Gavin, my brothers wife Cindy and Nephew Jamey

The weather was perfect for outside fun
Uncle Chris vying for the ball.

The food was great the company better, but the best thing of all....


 Happy Easter to all.



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gathering of extended family. I miss those holidays of gathering with everyone; they ended long ago. We spent Easter with Amber and her family and Marc's brother and wife, celebrating Easter and Izzy's birthday (early due to my brother-in-law's death and his upcoming visitation). Of course, as always, I missed Caleb and Miranda. I never get used to them not being with us on holidays. (Move back to Minnesota, please!) A belated blessed Easter to you, Jackie, and your big beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:07 PM

      First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law’s death. Always hard to lose family. Glad you were able to be with some of your family for Easter. And yes it must be so hard not to be able to have Caleb and Miranda nearby. We are so blessed to have our kids all within an hour and a half ( two of them in Rochester). I think that is more a rarity nowadays, and I don’t take it for granted! hope all is well with you and Randy! Take care, Audrey!

      Delete