A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, April 5, 2024

We were just kids when we fell in love.....

Rick and I celebrated our 42 Anniversary on Wednesday.
We kept it sort of Low-key as we have been doing alot of traveling over the last few months.
We did spend a day in the Twin Cities doing some fun things and exploring!

We first met when I was just 15 and Rick 17 (just friends)
I was a waitress and he a dishwasher at the Ramada Inn in Rochester.
For me it was LOVE at first sight.
He had to wait until I was 16 to ask me out, 
but he waited until I was 16 years 5 months old (Jeeesh what took him so long)
A few year later....
He was 19, me 17
*When I see this photo I cant help but start humming the song "Perfect", by Ed Sheeren
I found a love... for me, 
darling, just dive right in, follow my lead....
We were just kids when we fell in love
 Not knowing what it was......La La La La
 
*We were each others first boyfriend/girlfriend. 
I was told by some folks, "You really should date other guys", Why????
I am so thankful for this man which brings another song to my head by Newsong.

"When God made you he must have been thinking about me"
Its always been a mystery to me, 
how two hearts can come together, and love can last forever.
Now that I have found you I believe,
that a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one"......

 Rick is a man of faith, humility and unselfish love. 
He still opens the door for me,
He never goes thru a door before me. 
He shows his love by actions, he knows me well and knows what I need before I do :)
He puts up with me even when I'm unreasonable 
and he lets me be right even when I'm wrong.

Dont get me wrong, we are not perfect! We are still growing and learning about each other. 
We have our ups & downs, our disagrements, and frustrations, 
But we are willing to forgive and show grace to each other, it's worth the work to keep that promise we made to each other 42 years ago. With that being said it's pretty easy to love my guy, he is just the best.
He makes me laugh till I cry, and thru the years there has never been a doubt in my mind
 that he loves me just the way I am, and believe me... I'm A LOT!  ha ha
 He is my forever and always... we had that engraved into wedding rings.
 
And finally another song that comes to mind as we are now a little older and retired.
"Grow old with you"
"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad, 
carry you around when you arthritis is bad
Oh, all i wanna do is grow old with you"...

Happy Anniversary my love, There's nothing better than growing old with you. 
Ok... now that you've read through all the "sap" here's a little bit on how we spent our anniversary.

We visited the Wabasha Street Caves in St. Paul.
A fun guided tour worth going to!

We stopped at a bakery on Grand avenue, and shared a GF carrot cake muffin.
I love bakeries, Rick goes along for the food  :)

One of our favorite things is watching our Minnesota Timberwolves play Basketball.
So Rick and I got tickets for the game at Target Center in Minneapolis.
We walked around amoungst the big buildings and
Saw this cool mural
We ate dinner at "Cowboy Jacks" close to the stadium.

We watched our team win and make it back into 1st place in the conference.

Our team making their way out onto the floor. Click on the arrow to watch the video


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Such sweet words. We are grateful that we are friends . Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    You were made for each other. Happy Anniversary! Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 42nd anniversary, Jackie and Rick! I love this annual love tribute. Looks like you had an enjoyable celebration of your 42+ years together (yes, I'm counting from the very beginning of your love story). May God bless you with many more wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete