A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008


Gavin is a young man of few words so when we have a conversation it's an "event". Thought I'd share this afternoons "event" when Gavin came home from school.



So Gavin comes home to tell me that "Shaq is going to the suns". "Wow" I say, (not really caring either way). "So how do you feel about that"?


Gavin: "Oh I dont know, he's not that good anymore anyway". Whew, i think to myself, glad he's not devistated over this trade.




***
Me: Gavin.....Why in the world did you stop to get a sandwich at Tinn's when it's 4 0'clock and we'll be having supper in a couple of hours?"
Gavin: " i know mom....But I didnt have lunch"
Me: "well why didnt you have lunch? Jeesh"
Gavin: "I wasnt hungry then, but now I am."
Me: " Oh Gavin.... You will never cease to amaze me, ya nut."

***
Gavin:, "Yah, we had a track meeing after school today.
Me: "really well how'd that go?"
Gavin: " good, except coach Rob is crazy...
Me : "Oh Gavin you say that every year, it's not as bad as he makes it sound"
Gavin: "yah....I know" , but he is crazy.








***
Me: How'd your test go today?
Gavin: "good" ( a typical conditioned response, which really means nothing)
Me: "oh, well that's good.
Gavin: Yah I have to finish it tomorrow, I didnt get it all done".
Me: "Really, wow, how come you didnt finish?"
Gavin: " I dont know, I was just working away and then the bell rang, I guess some other kids didnt finish either"
Me: Well it's good you get to finish it tomorrow then"
Gavin: "yah"
***
Meanwhile I've moved upstairs to read the paper in my favorite chair. As I read the sports section, I yell to update gavin(who is downstairs) about the new RCTC football prospects for next year, He seems interested and acknowleges my informative remarks.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds kinda like a conversation my brother would have...boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that was so funny, especially the end where he "aknowleged your informative remarks" It's always interesting talking to Gavin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoenix running on Diesel fuel? I can dig it!

    ReplyDelete