A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trippin'

In 4 days I hope to see this very beautiful site in Washington DC. (and I hope to post my own pictures) On April 2nd, my Mom, sister and myself will be jumping on a jet plane and heading to DC for a little vacation. Mom has always wanted to visit while the Cherry blossoms are blooming and it just so happens to be Peak blummin' time. I'm very excited for this trip but a bit anxious about the crowds at the same time. I read that they expect over 1 million to visit over these next few weeks. Jeesh, can't people just stay home. Ha

****
Gavin is also jumpin' on a plane for the first time on Monday morning as he heads to Cabos San Lucas mexico. He will be staying in a resort with our friend the Diephius family. They are very brave people and have agreed to let their son Andrew invite 4 friend. Yes....that's right 5, seventeen year old boys and 2 adults....yikes. Please pray for their safety(as boys will be boys), and for sanity for the Diephius's.

3 comments:

  1. I have my bags packed and am standing at the door. 3 days to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh.I've been to DC twice during cherry blossom and it is absolutely beautiful! you're so lucky. you can think of me as i'm looking out at miles and miles of cornfields...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have so much fun in DC. I love it there. Don't sweat all the people. They are just people...doing what you are doing!

    ENJOY

    ReplyDelete