A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A "Night on the town"

Rick and I ventured downtown for a bite to eat tonight. We ended up at Newt's. Since they are know for their Burgers (see sign below) Rick went for the "plain" burger. I decided on a salad since I didnt think we both needed a pound of fry's on our plates. The menu does say that the burgers come with a pound of fry's...yikes
From there we enjoyed walking the streets down by the "peace plaza" There was a celebration going on with lot's of vendor's, food and people. I think it may have had something to do with the re-opening of the plaza, but it's also called "Thursdays on 1st".
We stopped in Barnes and Noble bookstore, mostly because it brought back sweet memories of when Rick and I were dating, The bookstore used to be the Chateau Theatre, we frequented many movies there.

One of the vendor's booths, some cool artwork

Lots of peeps and a band rockin' in the plaza

This was such a pretty stand (the picture doesnt do it justice). All of these jars have lights inside of them....very elegant indeed.
*****
When we got home Chris and Brie were here (waiting for us to show up). We sat and chatted for a bit then I dominated in a game of Bocci ball....sorry Chris but it's a fact!

3 comments:

  1. We were there too! I love Thursday's on First! Good job with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay first of all, who won the last point in bocci ball? Was that you or Rick? I'm not sure that I can say that you dominated the game considering you didn't technically play the entire thing. However, I think I could probably give you partial credit for getting the first 10 points yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go to Thursday's on 1st, how did I not know about this. Yes Mom you dominated.

    ReplyDelete