A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I miss holding him....

American Heritage Dictionary Last-born (lāst'bôrn') adj. Last in order of birth; youngest. n. One that is born last, as a youngest child.

Psychologists use a variety of words to describe
last-borns:
affectionate, sensitive, people-oriented, attention-seeking, indulged, dependent, laid-back, tenacious, absent-minded, relaxed & fun
This is my baby.... Gavin, my last-born of 3 children . At this stage he had not developed the "layed back or relaxed" personality which he acquires later in life, But he does fit the bill of Fun, dependant, affectionate, tenacious and sensitive.
Gavin, age 4
Seriously....He still eats his cereal like this, chin low and right over the bowl
and mouth wide open.
Look at that sweet face...love the freckles
Sensitive, people-oriented, relaxed and fun. Losing the dependence
A young man at age 16
Still sensitive, layed-back, relaxed and fun but more absent-minded than ever. Not super affectionate, but still has plenty of hugs in him.
The Gavin of today
Here's what is see... Sweet, witty, happy, quiet, sensitive, creative, talented, still absent-minded, funny, layed-back, goofy, shy, and loving. Some of that last child personality is there and some isnt, like tenacious or indulged, that really dont fit Gavin...maybe that's yet to come.

I love this boy with all my heart, he knows he's my baby (that's his birth order) so he puts-up with my hugs and smooches and that need to hold on to him as long as I can, but when it's time for him to fly, I'll let him go, but "my Baby" is what he'll always be.
Here's a few famous "Last borns"
Jim Carrey, Jay Leno, and Billy Crystal.
I definatley see some similarities....Ha
Stay tuned for future blogs regarding my first-born and middle child

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30 AM

    great blog about your son!
    just got my note to you bounced back! I will be in Rochester today (Thursday) for lunch at Michaels with my parents. We s/b there @ 11:30. If you are off, we'd love you to join us. It would be great to see you and I know my parents would enjoy seeing you. Hope to see you! Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, that was such a sweet blog. I love the lil' pictures of Gavin because I remember him so vividly at those ages. He is all those qualities! I totally agree on the way he eats his cereal, it's the same. I miss holding him too! Now he picks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a TOTAL joy watching your kids grow up. How old is Gav in that first pic? He was 18 months when I first laid eyes on that cutie pie.

    What a blessing to raise our kids together! Sorta. In a neighborly kind of way. :)

    ReplyDelete